Do you want to be the head coach of the Illinois football team? Of course you do!
Well, if you’ve always said that you could coach a better game than most Big 10 coaches (and you’re probably right) now you have the opportunity to prove it. The University of Illinois is now accepting applications for their Head Varsity Football Coach openeing.
The responsibilities as listed on their site are as follows.
- Recruitment of qualified student-athletes.
- Preparation and administration of all budget expenditures as related to operation of the sport.
- Establish the goals for the sport program.
- Selection, training and supervision of all Assistant Coaches and non-professional staff.
- Administration of all travel and scheduling arrangements.
- Participation in fundraising events, promotions and marketing opportunities associated with the sport.
- Produce a quality team capable of representative win-loss record as determined by University Administration.
- Possess public speaking skills essential for promotion of athletic program.
- Represent the University at national, state, and local professional organization events.
- This is a full-time academic professional appointment.
The university also calls for at least 5 years coaching experience (specially in Division 1) and knowledge of NCAA, Big Ten and NCAA rules. Clearly you’ve got that, right? Right. If not, no worries. No one else seems to know them either.
Submit your application here, and you’re well on your way to being the next Ron Zook!